Frequently asked questions

Q: What can I do if a teacher is unable to help me with a problem?

In some cases, a teacher will be unable to help you solve a problem that your child is having.

If this happens, talk to the principal or vice-principal. He or she may be able to help directly or may involve other teachers or other staff at your school who can help.

If the problem still isn’t solved, contact the school superintendent for assistance. The school secretary or principal can tell you how to contact the superintendent, or you can go to your school board’s website to find the superintendent’s contact information.

Your trustee is another person who may be able to help. As your elected representative on the school board, the trustee may be able to assist you in getting the help you need.