Training and resources
No matter where you are, you can take part in our online training sessions or watch a recorded webinar. You can also download our free resources and toolkits!
- Twitter the Fuss and Feathers: Insights on using twitter (Presented by Sheila Stewart – 8 minutes) Tweet Sheet – Twitter Tips.
- Twitter: How to get started (Presented by Tracy Bachellier – 15 minutes, plus 10 minute Q&A)
- Using Blogs and Online Communities to Connect (Presented by Aerin Guy – 20 minutes, plus 20 minute Q&A)
- Learn how to create a Facebook Page (Presented by Christy Heenan – 30 minutes)
- Learn how to create a free website (30 slides)
Education and learning
- The Drummond Commission Report: What next? (Presented by Annie Kidder, Executive Director, P4E – 15 minutes, plus 15 minutes Q & A )
- Digital Learners – are students tuning out in class? (Presented by Karen Hume, Canadian author, principal and award winning teacher – 45 minutes)
- The Fourth Way: Inspiring the Future for Educational Change (Professor Dennis Shirley speaks about education in the 21st Century – 54 minutes)
- Make your school a healthy school (Presented by Annie Kidder, John Freeman and Margaret Good)
- Tips, strategies and supports to create healthy schools! (Presented by Jacqui Strachan and Margaret Good)
- Your 12 minute guide to the new healthy food policy in schools
- What’s new in health & physical education? (15 minutes)
Ready, Set, Go!
Step by step, our free toolkit will guide you as you work to create a healthier school. Ready: Learn why our schools are the ideal place to promote student health; Set: Use the included survey to assess your school; and Go: make a plan!
Parent Inclusion Manual:
What helps parents feel connected to their children’s schools? Read our research, hot tips and cool ideas in this Parent Inclusion Manual.
Parent Involvement Toolkit:
Beyond school councils: Engaging parents to help their children succeed at school
This toolkit includes a literature review of parent involvement research and three tip sheets (one each for parents, teachers and principals).
Watch the video:
- Facebook, teens and privacy: What parents should know (Presented by Kristin Yates, Senior Education Officer, Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada – 54 minutes)