Facebook, teens & privacy
Find out what parents should know about Facebook, teens, and privacy - watch this webinar!
Thank you to our presenter, Kristin Yates, Senior Education Officer, Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada.
What parents should know
Do you know how to talk to your kids about their behaviour on Facebook? Do you know what “creeping” is or how to help kids protect their online reputations? Kristen Yates will give you some great insights and tips in this 54 minute online training session for parents (recorded in Feb. 2011). The webinar is designed for parents and teens in grades 9 to 12.
Important links and resources:
- A fabulous website for youth, parents & teachers: http://www.youthprivacy.ca/en
- View the Turtle Video: A Lesson in Privacy
- Information about ’Formspring’ another site like Facebook that tweens are using, and parents are talking about, in our online discussions.
- A Parent’s Guide to Facebook
- Great video for young kids about using Facebook
- List of Chat Acronyms & Text Message Shorthand http://www.netlingo.com/acronyms.php